Jim's Towing & Automotive has job openings available for a Service Technician We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Elgin, IL.
Service technicians are responsible for providing regular maintenance to customer vehicles, as well as inspection and repair of vehicles with operational or safety concerns. Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also Jim's Towing & Automotive's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful service technician will have a strong understanding of automotive maintenance & repair, strong attention to detail, and a dedication to honesty and fairness.
Automotive Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing a wide range of automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Committed to keeping up to date on automotive knowledge
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
Click here to submit your application for this position.
The shop was amazing. I called and they got me in the same day, repaired and returned my vehicle within a couple of hours. I highly recommend this shop!
Donna Worf, 06/29/2021
Just experienced wonderful customer service...professional, safe, accommodating and timely!
Keep your hair dresser close and your mechanic closer! I had the best experience ever! This shop is white glove clean, the customer service beat what you get at the big dealerships and they are HONEST!!!! Bob saved me a boat load of money and gave it to me strait. Hopkins Ford tried to pad their pockets thinking I was a weak female who falls for the line "Ma'am, you need to replace the whole front end, and by the way, we can do it today and give you a ride to work. It will only cost you $680". Yeah right! How can a truck that cost $32,000 and is just 5 years old require that much work????? It doesn't! Bob, THANK YOU! You have a new customer, WHEN I need work and I'm going to send everyone I know to your shop. It's really nice to know there are still a few honest men out there who aren't trying to make a million bucks on the backs of hard working people. BLESS YOU!