General Service Technician
General Service Technician
Jim's Towing & Automotive has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Elgin, IL.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also Jim's Towing & Automotive's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
The shop was amazing. I called and they got me in the same day, repaired and returned my vehicle within a couple of hours. I highly recommend this shop!
Donna Worf, 06/29/2021
Just experienced wonderful customer service...professional, safe, accommodating and timely!
Keep your hair dresser close and your mechanic closer! I had the best experience ever! This shop is white glove clean, the customer service beat what you get at the big dealerships and they are HONEST!!!! Bob saved me a boat load of money and gave it to me strait. Hopkins Ford tried to pad their pockets thinking I was a weak female who falls for the line "Ma'am, you need to replace the whole front end, and by the way, we can do it today and give you a ride to work. It will only cost you $680". Yeah right! How can a truck that cost $32,000 and is just 5 years old require that much work????? It doesn't! Bob, THANK YOU! You have a new customer, WHEN I need work and I'm going to send everyone I know to your shop. It's really nice to know there are still a few honest men out there who aren't trying to make a million bucks on the backs of hard working people. BLESS YOU!