CODE OF ETHICS
- To perform high-quality repair at a fair price.
- To give the customer a price estimate for work to be performed.
- To use only proven high-quality merchandise.
- To employ the best skilled technicians obtainable.
- To furnish an itemized invoice. Replaced parts may be inspected upon request.
- To have a sense of personal obligation to each individual customer.
- To recommend corrective and maintenance services, explaining to the customer which of these are required to correct existing problems and which are for preventative maintenance.
- To furnish or post copies of any warranties covering parts or services.
- To obtain prior authorization for all work done, in writing, or by other means satisfactory to the customer.
- To follow state regulations.
- To notify the customer if appointments or completion promises cannot be kept.
- To exercise reasonable care for the customer's property while in our possession.
- To maintain a system for fair settlement of customer's concerns
I brought in my Toyota Yaris early this morning due to a check engine light that came on the day before. I know Mondays are very busy for your shop and Bob said it may take some time before he can start working on it. I said no problem & I understand. I got a call in the early afternoon letting me know my car was done and he fixed the Timing Solenoid (VVT) and my car was ready to be picked up! I was so happy and picked up my car shortly after. My husband & I only bring in our cars to your automotive shop as we trust you and your staff. You are honest and very close to where we live. Thank you again for all the hard work you do and for taking care of our vehicles!! :)
Diane Zavadin, 03/27/2023
The shop was amazing. I called and they got me in the same day, repaired and returned my vehicle within a couple of hours. I highly recommend this shop!
Donna Worf, 06/29/2021
Just experienced wonderful customer service...professional, safe, accommodating and timely!